HOME | Mayweather vs. Marquez latest updates | Mayweather vs. Marquez online streaming | Mayweather vs. Marquez PPV | Mayweather vs. Marquez watch live

De La Hoya is Convinced That Marquez Beats Mayweather

Silver tongued Golden Boy Oscar De La Hoya, who’s visited Juan Manuel Marquez in Mexico City insists this fight will mark Floyd Mayweather Jr’s first pro defeat.

Mopping his brow from the baking oven-like heat of the Romanza Gym, Oscar quipped to BoxingScene.com: “When Juan goes to Vegas with the temperature maybe seventy-five to eighty in the ring, it’s going to be a walk in the park compared to this!"

Having watched Juan Manuel Marqez spar eight rounds with three different opponents, all of whom were rolling their shoulders while cutely defending, but still getting clobbered… and with pep, Oscar said: “I just love what I’ve seen, and I’m even more convinced that Juan is going to win on September 19th. He looks spectacular. He’s strong and fast, and Mayweather is not going to hurt him.

“Ring rust will have to be a factor for Floyd, because you can be in the gym as long as you want, but if you’re not fighting and you don’t have the feeling of those eight ounce gloves, it’s a whole different story.

"Juan’s punches have snap, and they’re solid! When I fought Mayweather I really didn’t feel the impact of his punches. I felt the speed, but not the punch.

“When I fought him, I didn’t do it in such an intelligent way, so he couldn’t counter me. Juan knows the mistakes I made and will learn from them. I was connecting with my jabs but I was gong in head first. Juan is not going to do that. Juan has got to be careful about following Floyd about too much. Rather, he’s got to cut off the ring. He has to consider Floyd’s speed and elusiveness. If Juan puts it all together, he will win.

“Floyd has mentioned that he’s fought thirty-nine fighters, and thirty-nine fighters have come up short. Well he hasn’t fought Juan Manuel Marquez. He hasn’t fought the complete package, and it’s going to be one of those fights where Floyd Mayweather Jr is going to be very, very surprised.”

No comments:

Post a Comment